Dr. Martha Barnett, MD, of Charlottesville is the lucky winner of our week at Wintergreen contest (see earlier post). Dr. Barnett came within 283 pennies of the 28,726 penny total.
The grand prize is a 7-day stay in a 3-4 bedroom home at Wintergreen Resort, including
- one dinner for four at the Devil’s Grill,
- two passes for a massage at Wintergarden Spa,
- two rounds of golf for four (with cart) or two ski passes for four,
- two bottles of Virginia wine, and
- a welcome gift including cheese, flowers and fruit.
“I approached the contest without a strategy,” said Dr. Barnett, “but my husband suggested we have one. I noticed several rolls of pennies in the jar, and guessed how many rolls the jar would hold. That led me to a number.” She is a super estimator—her guess was within one percent of the total.
Dr. Barnett, a Wintergreen property owner, comes to Wintergreen as often as she can. “We love it at Wintergreen,” she says, “We can ski, hike, play golf or tennis, or just relax in its idyllic setting; all within a half-hour drive from Charlottesville.”
We feel the same way.
Congratulations, Dr. Barnett. Well done.