Y’all come! We’re having a Wintergreen fourth of July celebration at the Discovery Center.
Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 from 12pm-6pm at the new WREC Event Site at 121 Blue Ridge Drive, Wintergreen VA.
(Behind the Wintergreen Real Estate Office and Black Bear Cafe. Text ‘July 4th’ to (540) 242-1908 for times and GPS coordinates, or click here for a map.)
What better way to celebrate July 4th and living in the USA than to spend a day reveling in the beauty of Wintergreen Mountain?
We would like to invite Wintergreen residents and guests alike to share in the appreciation of our beautiful country by throwing a party at our newly opened Event Site. The site is located above and behind our office on Blue Ridge Dr., immediately behind the Wintergarden SPA and above the Devils Knob Clubhouse. Everyone is welcome, so come together with your fellow countrymen, women and kids and celebrate with us!
This is where we held the Black Bear Jamboree on Memorial Day Weekend. Those who attended can attest to how great a site it is for a celebration.
Free parking near site. We will have live music, booths by local artists and free food and drinks. We will also have games for the entire family. While there you can sign up for WREC tours of Wintergreen
- Artist booths and games open at 12:00pm – 6:00pm (see below for featured artists)
- Live bluegrass music begins at 1:00pm – 6:00pm, played by “Tara Mills with Strings Attached”
- Grilling begins at 2:00pm – 6:00pm (we’ll have free hamburgers, hotdogs, garden-burgers, chips, water and soft drinks)
- Artists booths/tents open at 12:00pm
- Gina Carroll and Mike Zavada of DragonStone Studios:
Fine Stone sculpture, stone candles and craft
- Cara DiMassimo of The Glass Palette:
Hand Made Glass Art and Jewelry
- Andy and Leah Rhodes of North Mountain Woodworks: Turned Wood bowls and other woodcraft
- Donna Kincaid of Mountain Vision Pottery LLC:
Fun, folk, and functional pottery